ANSYS Explicit STR
Based on the robust and time-tested Lagrange (STRuctural) solver of the ANSYS AUTODYN analysis program, ANSYS Explicit STR software is fully integrated into the unified ANSYS Workbench environment. This framework enables convenient and seamless use of a range of multiphysics solutions, including electrical, thermal, mechanical and computational fluid dynamics (CFD).
ANSYS Explicit STR extends the range of problems that can be conveniently and easily solved by the powerful ANSYS mechanical suite by efficiently and accurately simulating short-duration severe loadings and complex contact problems. The graphical user interface for Explicit STR is the same as for ANSYS Mechanical software. Users will find that setting up problems is even easier than for the mechanical suite as contact surfaces are handled automatically and need not be defined. Sophisticated, material models can simply be selected from the explicit material library without having to specify any of the properties. Highly transient phenomena can easily be modeled with detailed resolution of the materials response.
ANSYS Explicit STR is well suited to a number of different types of problems including:.
- Drop tests (electronics and consumer goods)
- Low- to high-speed solid-to-solid impacts (applications from sporting goods to aerospace)
- Highly nonlinear plastic buckling events (manufacturing processes)
- Complete material failure applications (defense and homeland security)
- Breakable contact, such as adhesives or spot welds (electronics and automotive)