Engineering simulation can help Improve the survivability of buildings, vehicles, soldiers and police personnel. Using ANSYS Autodyn engineers can design and virtually test simple and complex active armor to protect troops in battle from improvised explosive devices (IED), rocket-propelled grenades, shaped charges and other threats. This same software used to model space debris impact on satellites, can also be used to design common liquid containers such as water and detergent bottles. Using ANSYS Autodyn can help you improve a wide variety of products, reduce their cost and most importantly decrease time to market.
ANSYS Autodyn software is a versatile explicit analysis tool for modeling the nonlinear dynamics of solids, fluids, gases and their interactions. The product has been developed to provide advanced capabilities within a robust, easy-to-use software tool. Simulation projects can be completed with significantly less effort, less time and lower labor costs than with other explicit programs. This high productivity is a result of the easy-to-use, quick-to-learn, intuitive, interactive graphical interface implemented. Time and effort are saved in problem setup and analysis by automatic options to define contact, by coupling interfaces and by minimizing input requirements using safe logical defaults.
The solver technology in ANSYS Autodyn provides:
- Finite element solvers for computational structural dynamics (FE)
- Finite volume solvers for fast transient computational fluid dynamics (CFD)
- Mesh-free particle solvers for high velocities, large deformation and fragmentation (SPH)
- Multi-solver coupling for multiphysics solutions including coupling between FE, CFD and SPH
- A wide suite of material models incorporating constitutive response and coupled thermodynamics
- Serial and parallel computation on shared and distributed memory systems
The ANSYS Workbench platform provides a fully integrated environment for efficient Simulation Driven Product Development.